Help Desk Premier manages tickets from creation to resolution. Tickets are raised through three different means:
- Self Service Portal
- Via email (manually or automatically)
- Within the Help Desk Premier application
Ticket templates can be created for specific types of request, with customized fields and the ability to include default data such as Category, Priority, Subject or Description.
The ticket window allows service requests, incidents, and problems to be entered through a customizable interface.
- Tickets are raised by users to indicate Incidents, Problems and Requests. Help Desk Premier allows you to manage how you resolve user queries by adding and removing fields, notifying users and adapting Tickets to suit your workflow.
- Tickets can be identified as Incidents, Requests and Problems with different priority levels and support structures to streamline how the query is resolved.
- Tickets are accessible through a list which can be filtered and sorted to find the tickets you need.
- Different views can be created to provide quick access to summaries of ticket types, such as New Tickets or Resolved Tickets.
Adding a new Ticket
To add a new Ticket from the application user interface, go to?Tickets ? New Ticket?or click the green Add icon in the toolbar.
- Click on any ticket number in the list to open it for editing.
- Tickets can also be created using Templates by using the options in the left hand pane.
Creating and Editing Tickets
The Ticket screen contains all of the information regarding a particular Ticket.
The Ticket screen displays the subject, ticket type and status details. Note that Ticket Types and Statuses are set via?Administration ? Ticket Configuration ? Types or Status.
The ticket action list provides additional options for the ticket, including;
- Linking tickets together
- Creating duplicate tickets
- Adding tickets to the Knowledge Base
- Creating Change Requests from the ticket
- Managing subscriptions to the ticket
The main body of each ticket holds the full details of the ticket across a number of tabs. Each tab is accessible by clicking the tabs on the left side of the ticket.
The General tab is used to control the ownership of the ticket and provides contact details of the Requester. Users can set the Impact and Urgency of the ticket and rules can be created to automatically set the ticket priority and due date.
The Description tab is used to give a full list of details regarding the Requester?s query.
Tickets are resolved using the status drop down list at the head of the ticket. The resolution page is used to record the date and details of who resolved the ticket.
Users can add notes to describe the resolution.
Files can be attached or deleted from the Ticket on the Attachment tab.
- Click the?Browse?button and navigate to where the attachment is stored.
- Select the file and click?Open?to attach it to the Ticket.
The Tasks tab?shows a series of tasks which must be completed whilst resolving a ticket. Tasks can be created and deleted from the list.
Creating and Editing Tasks
The task editing screen contains all the information regarding a task.
The type, status and details of a task can be edited. Different tasks can be assigned to different technicians and can be monitored for the time taken and cost needed to resolve it.
Note that Task Types and Statuses are set via?Administration ? Configuration ? Task Types.
The History tab displays the full history of the Ticket. Each action performed on the Ticket?is timestamped and ordered in the list, displaying the most recent activity at the top. Click on the Ticket?to show further details of the changes that have been made.
The Assets tab?allows you to select the Assets?details and the Assets?vendor that apply to the ticket.
Note that Task Types and Statuses are set via?Assets ? Configuration ? Asset Types.
The Notes tab?allows you to add, edit or delete notes from the Tickets. Notes can be re-ordered by the headings in the list and can optionally be made Private.
Custom Fields tab
The Custom Fields tab allows you to add data to any Custom Field.
Note that Task Types and Statuses are set via?Administration ? Customization ? Custom Fields.